Know Your Workers’ Comp Rights
When You Need A Lawyer’s Help
A worker injured on the job is entitled to medical care for his or her injury and a percentage of average weekly wages. Your claim will likely not go smoothly nor move in a timely fashion without an experienced workers’ compensation attorney on your side.
Know Your Rights to Workers’ Compensation
508-644-6325· Contact A Lawyer
Attorneys at Ellis Law Offices in Worcester, Massachusetts, have been protecting workers’ rights since 1963. We know that an employer or the workers’ compensation insurance carrier can slow down the process or deny claims while your medical bills pile up and you cannot work because of your injuries.
- Call us if the carrier does not start paying right away. You and your family need that money.
- The carrier may decide that you have had enough time to heal and cut off your pay and medical care.
- Your employer may pressure you into getting back to work before your injuries have healed — even before you have been fully diagnosed.
- Your employer may try to channel you to its doctors — doctors it pays to evaluate workers’ comp claims. You are entitled to select your own doctor, but you must follow specific rules to ensure that all your medical bills get paid. Ask your lawyer.
- You may not be able to go back to your old job because of your injuries, but you may qualify for vocational rehabilitation.
- If your injuries caused a disability that keeps you from working, you may be eligible for a lump-sum settlement. Talk to an attorney who can explain your rights.
Injured workers deserve medical care and a paycheck to get them through the recovery period. Sometimes insurance carriers decide not to pay, to stop payments early or to complicate issues so much that the worker gives up trying to get the benefits they are entitled to.
Know your rights. The lawyers at Ellis Law Offices have more than 100 years of combined experience protecting workers’ rights. Contact us for a free consultation.
How Do You Choose
The Right Lawyer?
When the stakes are high, your choice in attorney matters now more than ever. Read some of our guides about how to choose the right law firm for you. Learn More
How Much Is Your
Personal Injury Case Worth?
Every accident case is unique, and there are many factors in play when determining how much compensation you may be entitled to receive. Learn More