Massachusetts Personal Injury Lawyers For Car-Pedestrian Accidents
Motor vehicle-pedestrian accidents can cause severe injuries or death as a result of the pedestrian being unprotected from a several thousand-pound vehicle. Even if the car is moving slowly, the results can be catastrophic. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 5,000 people are killed each year in car-pedestrian accidents, while 78,000 survive their injuries. Almost half of the fatalities occur in late afternoon when children are walking home from school.
The injury attorneys of Ellis Law Offices have more than 50 years’ experience helping accident victims throughout Massachusetts. We commence every case by thoroughly investigating every aspect of the accident and we hold the negligent or reckless drivers accountable for the injuries they have inflicted. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a car-pedestrian accident, contact us so we can help you.
A driver can be at fault for a car-pedestrian accident if:
- The driver is distracted, inattentive or preoccupied. This often results in a rear-end collision.
- The driver disobeys posted speed limits.
- The driver fails to yield to the right of way of another vehicle, i.e., the driver makes a left turn across another vehicle’s lane.
- The driver disobeys traffic signals or signs.
- The driver disregards weather or traffic volume conditions.
- The driver fails to signal while turning.
- The driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The driver falls asleep at the wheel.
- The driver loses consciousness for a medical condition he/she knew about.
Driver Negligence Involving Children
The law finds that drivers have a greater responsibility to be aware of children near or on roads. Children under 10 are more likely to be involved in a car-pedestrian accident because they are smaller and harder to see and because they will likely be less aware of vehicle traffic. It is imperative that drivers use special care when driving in areas where children may be present such as near schools, playgrounds and in congested residential zoned areas where it is foreseeable that children could be present.
Contact Massachusetts Auto Accident Lawyers At Ellis Law Offices
If you or your child has been involved in a car-pedestrian accident, it is important to call an experienced attorney as soon as possible. For a free consultation with a lawyer, contact our Massachusetts firm by email or by telephone.
How Do You Choose
The Right Lawyer?
When the stakes are high, your choice in attorney matters now more than ever. Read some of our guides about how to choose the right law firm for you. Learn More
How Much Is Your
Personal Injury Case Worth?
Every accident case is unique, and there are many factors in play when determining how much compensation you may be entitled to receive. Learn More