Aggressive Driving Accidents
Massachusetts Personal Injury Lawyers For Aggressive Driving Car Accidents.
Aggressive driving accidents or what is commonly referred to as “road rage” encompasses a wide variety of dangerous driver behavior. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that aggressive driving consists of “the operation of a motor vehicle in a manner that endangers or is likely to endanger persons or property.”
If you have been injured by an act of road rage or aggressive driving, contact Ellis Law Offices. We are Massachusetts personal injury attorneys with more than 120 years of combined experience helping the injured in Boston, Worcester, Fitchburg and other cities and towns throughout the commonwealth.
Massachusetts takes aggressive driving seriously and has developed the SCARR Program (The State Courts Against Road Rage). This program is designed to educate drivers charged with serious motor vehicle violations. The program is intended to:
- Make students face the driving behaviors that got them into the class and discuss how they will change that behavior
- Make them understand the possible serious consequences involved with irresponsible and dangerous driving
- Educate them on how to handle and prevent dangerous driving
Aggressive Driving Behavior
- The conscious failure to obey traffic control devices
- Passing on the shoulder on the right or outside normal lanes of travel
- Unsafe or reckless lane changes
- Tailgating by following too closely
- A conscious and blatant effort to disobey the laws that govern the right of way, otherwise known as the failure to yield
Oftentimes, aggressive driving may have played a factor in a car accident even if the other driver was not cited for it. We begin every case with a thorough investigation of the facts and laws that apply to your case to assess all possible causes of the accident.