Fatal Car Accidents
Massachusetts Injury Lawyers For Wrongful Death Caused By Car, Truck And Motorcycle Accidents
A sudden death caused by a car, truck or motorcycle accident can devastate the victim’s family emotionally and financially. It is particularly heartbreaking when the death was preventable and caused by the negligence or reckless acts of another driver or the manufacturer.
When a wrongful death occurs, the victim’s wife, husband, children or other family members have the right to pursue legal action against the responsible party or parties. They have the right to be compensated for the financial and emotional harm they have suffered.
If a car accident has caused a wrongful death to a loved one, contact Ellis Law Offices. We are Massachusetts injury lawyers with over 50 years of experience helping accident victims throughout Massachusetts, including Worcester County, Boston, Fitchburg, Southbridge, Framingham and Springfield.
Causes Of Wrongful Death
A wrongful death can be caused by any one factor or by multiple combinations on the list below:
- Improper turns or a failure to yield
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Crossing the center line
- Driver distraction (cellphone use or texting)
- Driving under the influence (DUI), otherwise known as operating under the influence (OUI)
- Aggressive driving
- Defective tires
- Faulty seat belts
- Malfunctioning air bags
- Car fires
- Roof crush
Road Maintenance Negligence
- Malfunctioning or missing traffic control devices
- Improper or unmarked construction zones
- Missing signage
Damages For A Wrongful Death Claim
In Massachusetts, a wrongful death case can be brought only on behalf of the deceased person’s spouse, parents, children or siblings. If the deceased had no such relatives, then the claim can be brought by his or her estate.
Monetary damages for wrongful death include:
- The loss of the deceased person’s love, companionship, affection, care, protection and guidance
- Family members’ pain, sorrow, grief, anguish and emotional suffering
- Actual lost income and services from the time of the death and projected loss of income that was likely throughout his or her life
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Reasonable medical care expenses and services for the injury that ultimately resulted in death
Contact Massachusetts Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyers At Ellis Law Offices
If someone you love has been killed in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, you should speak with an attorney who specializes in wrongful death cases. For a free consultation with a lawyer, contact Ellis Law Offices by email or telephone. For your convenience, home or hospital visits are available.