Are You Searching For Answers After A Slip-And-Fall?
After a slip-and-fall, victims often feel angry, confused, frustrated or maybe even ashamed. At Ellis Law Offices, we know the physical and emotional pain a slip-and-fall can cause. We have over 100 years’ combined experience pursuing negligent parties in personal injury cases and we can get the job done the first time around.
Reasons Slip-And-Falls Occur
We have recovered millions in verdicts and settlements and handled countless Massachusetts slip-and-fall cases. Slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall injuries can be the result of:
- Tripping hazards on sidewalks and in parking lots
- Wet floors
- Poor lighting
- Upturned entryway mats
- Icy floors, sidewalks or parking lots
- Code violations
Once we take your case, we will begin preserving evidence and talking to witnesses to determine causation. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can preserve evidence.
Know The Steps To Take After A Fall
Staying proactive from day one is essential to building a claim. Failure to take immediate action can leave you with unpaid medical bills and make it more difficult to obtain benefits.
If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall, taking the following steps can increase your chances of obtaining fair compensation.
- See a doctor — Adrenaline can mask the extent of your injuries and symptoms may be delayed.
- Determine the cause of the fall — Survey the area to identify reasons for your fall or tripping.
- File a report of the accident — Determine who you should report the fall to and notify that party as soon as possible.
- Take photographs — Document your injuries and the location where you fell in photographs.
- Contact witnesses and obtain surveillance footage — Gather witnesses’ contact information and conduct a scan of the area to identify any cameras.
- Contact a lawyer — Our lawyers have over 100 years’ combined experience handling slip-and-fall cases and we can start building your case immediately.
We Are Here To Fight For Fair Compensation
Your medical bills are mounting, but we will take action to help settle the balance. Schedule a free case evaluation at our Worcester or Fitchburg office by calling 508-644-6325. You can also send us a message online. Our attorneys make home and hospital visits upon request. Se habla español. Tiếng Việt. ΜΗΛΑΜΕ ΕΛΛΗΝΗΚΑ.
How Do You Choose
The Right Lawyer?
When the stakes are high, your choice in attorney matters now more than ever. Read some of our guides about how to choose the right law firm for you. Learn More
How Much Is Your
Personal Injury Case Worth?
Every accident case is unique, and there are many factors in play when determining how much compensation you may be entitled to receive. Learn More