How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Every personal injury case is different and must be evaluated on its own. There is no mathematical formula to determine how much the insurance company owes you for your injuries.
At Ellis Law Offices, our Massachusetts auto accident claims attorneys have been representing the injured for over 50 years, with over 100 years of combined legal experience. We take the time to evaluate each client’s unique case and use that information to determine a fair compensation amount. If you have been involved in a car accident, please contact our firm.
Determining Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim
Oftentimes a potential client will call and ask us shortly after the accident how much their case is worth. Do not be misled by lawyers or others who say they can immediately value your personal injury case. The value of a personal injury case depends on many factors, which include the following:
- The nature and severity of the injury
- The extent of medical expenses
- The permanency of the injury
- How the injury impacts our client’s ability to work and enjoy life
- Whether the person injured was partially responsible (comparative negligence)
After a serious personal injury accident, an insurance adjuster will often conduct a quick investigation and make a very low offer of settlement. Oftentimes, this offer is far from reasonable and will not even cover future expenses.
The ability to accurately assess the value of a personal injury case is one of the most important benefits of working with one of Massachusetts’ most experienced personal injury law firms.
At Ellis Law Offices, one of Massachusetts’ largest personal injury law firms, we have been helping injured people since 1963. We have handled every type of injury case from brain and head injuries, spinal cord injuries, back and neck injuries, burn scars, to the emotional and physical trauma sustained in a sexual assault.
Hard tissue injuries, such as broken bones, or immediate onset injuries, such as brain injury or paralysis injury or amputation of limbs, can be evaluated more accurately at the outset of the case. However, soft tissue injuries can end up being a serious neurological injury that doesn’t always manifest itself at the time of the accident. Our Massachusetts-based law firm and attorneys will thoroughly evaluate your claim and guide you through the evaluation process, with the goal of not letting an injury sustained in an accident go undiagnosed.
Ellis Law Offices, with its primary office in Worcester, Massachusetts, has a wide range of expert resources. These experts can be very costly, but here at Ellis Law Offices, experts are retained without hesitation to ensure the case develops as it should, which ultimately affects what a judge, jury or insurance adjuster may find as being fair and reasonable compensation for the injuries suffered.
- Medical experts who can document via an expert medical report and via testimony, a client’s diagnosis, the causal relation of such injuries to the accident, the degree of permanency a victim suffers as per AMA guidelines and future treatment and rehabilitation options available to our client
- Life planners and rehabilitation specialists who understand the care and services the injured person will need throughout their life for a permanent and lasting disability
- Economists to evaluate the costs of those services over a lifetime, as well as how the injury may affect the person’s ability to earn a living. The loss of earnings during a lifetime of an injured person can be staggering. There is only one chance for compensation so it is our job to make sure it is enough
Many factors looked at in an injury claim can be objectively documented with expert analysis. Many injury cases allow for pain and suffering, but how much value do you attach to such a subjective element? Many insurance companies look to minimize the value of the pain and suffering aspect of a claim because there is no bill attached to it. In reality, the pain and suffering one endures can greatly impact quality of life. Pain limits activities, movement and sleep. It can deprive you of energy and can lower your ability to enjoy life. Your pain is real, and here at Ellis Law Offices, one of Massachusetts’ premier personal injury law firms, we will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Ellis Law Offices before you accept any settlement offer. We can inform you if the insurance company is being fair and reasonable. If the insurance company knows you are not represented by an experienced attorney, it will exploit that fact and offer you a very low settlement. Even after you pay attorney’s fees and costs, you will likely take home a significantly larger settlement with the right attorney on your side.
Contact Ellis Law Offices, one of Massachusetts’ most powerful personal injury law firms, to schedule a free initial consultation. For your convenience, home and hospital visits are available upon request.